Not working with uBlox...

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Try to use it to communicate with uBlox GSM but it doesn't work.
I must rewrite driver from scratch. Especially receiving part which not handles response from module correctly (do not follow standards).

So, beware of using this driver blindly. Maybe it works with SIM900 which is unpredictable itself.

Regards
Nov 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM
@dariog, please note, as mentioned on the home page:

This driver addresses TCP mode shortcomings in the default CellularRadio driver provided by GHI Electronics for the Seeed Cellular Radio module.

It will not work for, and has not been tested with, modules other that this one using the SIM900 chipset. Please let me know if you would like to make any contributions to the source base for this module.
Nov 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM
ByronR wrote:
@dariog, please note, as mentioned on the home page:

This driver addresses TCP mode shortcomings in the default CellularRadio driver provided by GHI Electronics for the Seeed Cellular Radio module.

It will not work for, and has not been tested with, modules other that this one using the SIM900 chipset. Please let me know if you would like to make any contributions to the source base for this module.
I must admit - it's true but I'm not even touching TCP mode (AT commands are so different). :)

Regards
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:53 AM
@dariog, AT commands sets have differed from the beginning of time! Cellular modems are particularly bad offenders because there is no Hayes to rule the market for interfaces...